Attorneys for the plaintiffs in a sexual exploitation lawsuit involving James Franco confirmed that a tentative settlement has been reached.

A sexual exploitation lawsuit involving actor James Franco has been provisionally resolved.

The plaintiffs’ attorneys confirmed the settlement in a statement on February 20, as reported. Term. In the statement, attorneys for the firm of Valli Kane & Vagnini stated that “more will be remembered in a Joint Stipulation of Settlement to be filed with the Court at a later date,” but did not state whether there would be “any possible currency changes.”

RELATED: Dita Von Teese Weighs In On Marilyn Manson Abuse Allegations

The Los Angeles Superior Court also received a February 11 filing from both sides of the lawsuit this week, stating that a provisional settlement had been reached. It wasn’t revealed until February 20 that the defendants in that filing include Franco’s producer, Rabbit Bandini, as well as Oscar nominee’s partners Vince Jolivette and Jay Davis.

Filed in 2019 by actresses and former students Sarah Tither-Kaplan and Toni Gaal, the suit claimed that Franco pressured his students to perform explicit sex scenes in front of the camera in an “orgy-like setting.” It also alleged that the actor “sought to create a network of young women who were subjected to their personal and professional sexual exploitation in the name of education.”

According to court filings, the plaintiffs agreed to withdraw their individual claims as part of the latest settlement. The sexual exploitation allegations of other plaintiffs in the class action lawsuit will also be dismissed without prejudice, meaning they could technically be re-filed. Additionally, the fraud allegations brought by the class action plaintiffs will be “subject to limited disclosure.”

RELATED: Charisma Carpenter Apologizes For Not Supporting Eliza Dushku Assault Disclosures

At the time the lawsuit was initially filed, Franco addressed the claims made against him during an interview on The Last Show with Stephen Colbert. Franco said at the time that the sexual misconduct stories about him were inaccurate, but said, “If I’ve done something wrong, I’ll fix it. I have to.”

While Franco’s attorney has not released an official comment on the settlement agreement, they said in their filings that the allegations against his client were “false and inflammatory, legally unfounded, and filed as a class action lawsuit with the obvious goal of obtaining maximum Possible publicity for attention-seeking claimants. “

Franco is best known for his roles in movies like Sam Raimi. Spiderman Films, Pineapple Express, milk, 127 hours Y The disaster artist. In addition to being nominated for an Oscar for Best Actor for his role in 127 hours In 2011, Franco won the Golden Globe for Actor in Musical or Comedy for his role in The disaster artist in 2018.

While it is unclear at this time how much money may be involved, the settlement agreement will be submitted for preliminary court approval before March 15.

KEEP READING: Asia Argento imposes sexual assault lawsuits against Fast & Furious director

Source: Term

Hellish Quart brings physics to sword fighting


About the Author




Reference-www.cbr.com

By admin

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *