According to some of the Blizzard developers, the Diablo 2: Resurrected remake will not have cross-platform play.

The next remaster of Diablo 2: Risen it won’t have cross-play, according to a Blizzard developer on the project. While this loot-based twenty-year-old cult classic RPG is getting an all-new remaster for PC and consoles, this new remaster will not include crossover play. Turns out, bringing such a beloved series into the spotlight can be a real challenge.

Diablo 2: Risen is the remastered edition of Devil 2, a sequel to Blizzard’s Devil on PC released in 2000. Devil 2 continues in the story of the first game, which takes place right after the end of the final act in Devil, with the nameless warrior unraveling under the stress of assimilating the essence of the Lord of Terror into his own body, becoming a new major evil that players must face. Players choose from a new roster of heroes to explore DevilThe world of Khanduras: the Amazon, Assassin, Necromancer, Barbarian, Druid, Sorceress and Paladin. The plot of Devil 2 is directly related to the history of Devil 3.

Continue scrolling to continue reading
Click the button below to start this article in quick view.

Related: Diablo 2: Resurrected Will Let You Import Save Data From Classic Diablo 2

In a recent roundtable interview with IGN Middle East, two of the leading developers of Diable 2: Risen, have talked about how they have been trying to balance the original design and aesthetics of the game while bringing the game to the present day with new graphics and quality of life changes. Some of these quality of life changes include cross-platform play, with players being able to continue their progress across multiple consoles with cross-save. While Diablo 2: Risen will be available on all modern platforms, players will only be able to play together on the same platform. At this time, crossover play will not be available in the remastering, with several game design issues preventing it from working. “The crossover game was a great idea, but it just didn’t fit well with the game, as the game has different user interfaces, control schemes, and the like.” video game producer Matthew Cederquist told IGN, “We brought in cross-progression because it felt good, and we wanted to make sure that no matter what console or platform a player wants to play on, they will get the best experience.”

See also  AMLO advises Biden to put fear aside and regularize migrants

The developers also discussed the team’s plan to keep the game feeling the same. in line with the original Devil 2. The team decided on a 70 to 30 art rule for the entire game. This rule would mean that only 70% of the art in the remake will be new, and the remaining 30% will remain the same, but will instead be used for adding embellishments and modernization. “When we started working on the game, we wanted to keep all aspects of the game, like figuring out the Horadric Cube recipes, deep detail systems or drop rates, and all the storytelling. But when we tackle things like art, we wanted to push it and modernize it as much as we could.“Andre Abrahamian, game designer, told IGN.

It is still unclear when both Diablo 2: Risen and Diablo VI will be released, and both were only announced at last month’s Blizzcon digital event. Meanwhile, Blizzard has been releasing a lot of news about how the remaster and the next installment in the series will play out. Both are shaping up to be exciting new steps for the loot-based RPG genre.

Next: How Feedback Changed Diablo Immortal According To Blizzard

Source: IGN

Mythbusters Adam Savage Buster Head

Cyberpunk 2077 fans uncover morbid myths


About the Author




Reference-screenrant.com

Similar Posts

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *