Walt Disney Animation Studios confirmed that Raya and the Last Dragon will be released digitally on April 2 and will arrive on Blu-ray on May 18.
After the launch of Raya and the last dragon On March 5, Walt Disney Animation Studios confirmed that the film will be released soon in both digital and Blu-ray formats.
The movie starring Kelly Marie Train will hit all major digital platforms on April 2, and on 4K Ultra HD, Blu-ray and DVD from May 18. 4K Ultra HD, Blu-ray and DVD releases will also include a variety of discarded shots and additional features, as well as Dolby Audio.
Additional features included on Blu-ray and DVD releases include animations Us again short and An introduction to us again – which finds director Zach Parrish leading viewers behind the scenes of the latest short film from Walt Disney Animation Studios.
Click the button below to start this article in quick view.
The launch will also include a segment called Stripe Flavor, allowing fans to virtually dine with Raya’s voice actress Kelly Marie Tran and the film’s creative team as they dine on a Southeast Asian menu and discuss their experiences creating the world of Kumandra.
Here is the full list of additional features that will be included with the launch:
· An Introduction to “Us Again” – Director Zach Parrish takes you behind the scenes of the Walt Disney Animation Studios short.
· “Us Again” – An old man and his young-at-heart wife rekindle their passion for life on a magical night.
· Taste of Raya – Dine alongside Kelly Marie Tran and the film’s creative team, virtually, on a Southeast Asian menu inspired by the countries that influenced the film as they discuss their experiences creating the world of Kumandra.
· Raya: Bringing it Home – When the 2020 global pandemic hit, the production of “Raya and the Last Dragon” moved into the homes of more than 450 people. We open a window into their lives and learn how they overcame massive obstacles to make an animated movie from home.
· Martial Artists – Enjoy learning about the martial arts forms and weapons used in the film, as co-writer Qui Nguyen and visual anthropologist Dr. S. Steve Arounsack share the inspiration behind the film’s action-packed elements.
· We are Kumandra – Meet members of the Southeast Asia Story Trust and discover the cultural influences that inspired the film … and how important this representation in a Disney animated film is to the people of the region.
· Discarded Shots – Enter the houses and behind the microphones of the cast of “Raya and the Last Dragon” as they experience dubbing sessions in closets and unstable internet connections, which made the recording of this film different from any other .
· Easter Eggs and Fun Facts – Check out some of the hidden surprises and behind-the-scenes secrets from “Raya and the Last Dragon.”
The Story Behind The Storyboard With John Ripa – Co-Director John Ripa invites you to take a look at his thought process as he presents a sequence from the film’s storyboard and talks about his incredible career with Disney Animation.
Directed by Don Hall and Carlos López Estrada from a script by Paul Briggs and John Ripa, Raya and the last dragon stars Kelly Marie Tran, Awkwafina, Gemma Chan, Daniel Dae Kim, Sandra Oh, Benedict Wong, Izaac Wang, Thalia Tran, Alan Tudyk, Lucille Soong, Patti Harrison, and Ross Butler. The film is now showing in theaters and on Disney + Premier Access.
KEEP READING: Raya and The Last Dragon leads box office reopening on its second weekend
YouTuber puts Tenet on Game Boy Advance ‘Out of Spite’ cartridges
About the Author