The 24th Annual DICE Awards presented game developers with 23 different trophies this year. Here are all the 2021 DICE award winners.
This year marked the 24th annual presentation of the DICE Awards. The philosophy behind the video game industry awards can be drawn from the backronym used in its own title. DICE means “design, innovate, communicate, entertain“according to the Academy of Interactive Arts and Sciences, which organizes the ceremony. The winners selected by the Academy are listed below.
Like many recent industry functions, such as The Game Awards late last year, the 24th Annual DICE Awards were presented in a virtual format due to concerns stemming from the COVID-19 pandemic. Presenters Kahlief Adams, Jessica Chobot, and Greg Miller joined game developers, designers and executives during the course of the awards show, which was available to stream on numerous platforms. While the DICE Awards don’t feature as many global previews as the Game Awards, this year’s DICE Awards featured interesting conversations between panels of developers specifically related to certain award categories.
Click the button below to start this article in quick view.
The DICE Awards presented 23 awards in total this year in a variety of categories. Blockbusters and fan favorites like Ghost of Tsushima, Hades, Half-Life: Alyx, Y The last of us Part ii He led the pack in a series of victories, but many more games were honored and celebrated for his achievements in the past year. Without further ado, all the winners of the 24th Annual DICE Awards, starting with Game of the Year.
Hades Wins Game of the Year at DICE Awards
The little roguelita inspired by Greek mythology hell Supergiant Games was a gaming phenomenon last year. Next Untitled goose gamelast year’s game of the year win at the DICE awards, hell marks the second straight independent game to take home the jackpot. hell it also had the most total wins, earning the DICE award in four more categories. The elegant hack and slash game through the underworld of ancient Greece surprised and delighted many players when it went on sale last September.
All winners of the 24th annual DICE Awards
All other awards and their winners featured at the 24th Annual DICE Awards:
- Outstanding Achievement in Directing the Game: hell
- Outstanding Achievement in Game Design: hell
- Mobile Game of the Year – Legends of Runeterra
- Outstanding Achievement for an Indie Game: hell
- Immersive Reality Game of the Year – Half Life: Alyx
- Immersive Reality Technical Achievement – Half Life: Alyx
- Online Game of the Year – Fall Guys: Ultimate Knockout
- Strategy / Simulation Game of the Year – Microsoft Flight Simulator
- Sports Game of the Year – Tony Hawk’s 1 + 2 pro skater
- Role Playing Game of the Year: Final Fantasy VII Remake
- Racing Game of the Year – Mario Kart Live
- Fighting Game of the Year – Mortal Kombat 11 Ultimate
- Family Game of the Year – Animal Crossing: New Horizons
- Adventure Game of the Year – Tsushima ghost
- Action Game of the Year – hell
- Outstanding Technical Achievement – Dreams
- Outstanding Achievement in History – The Last of Us Part II
- Outstanding Achievement in Audio Design: Tsushima ghost
- Outstanding Achievement in Original Musical Composition – Tsushima ghost
- Exceptional Achievement in Character: Miles Morales of Marvel’s Spider-Man: Miles Morales
- Outstanding Achievement in Art Direction – Tsushima ghost
- Exceptional Achievement in Animation – The Last of Us Part II
That was each category and its respective winner of the 24th Annual DICE Awards. Hades was a surprise winner for Game of the Year, but he also managed to take home many other awards.
Next: Nintendo’s Satoru Iwata Receives Posthumous Honor At 2016 DICE Awards
Ring-Con from Ring Fit Adventure reprogrammed into functional accordion