After taking a photo in New Pokemon Snap, players can edit them and add a frame. They must complete tasks to unlock more frames.
In addition to taking photos of the more than 200 Pokémon found in the Lental Region in New Pokémon Snap, players have the opportunity to edit their photos with cosmetics like stickers, filters and frames, and share them with their friends and others. Pokémon Snap community. Each type of decorative item that players can access through the Photo Editor is considered a collectible, and many of them will need to be unlocked as players progress through the main story of New Pokémon Snap. Players can complete tasks and reach milestones to unlock and add a frame to their photos.
Click the button below to start this article in quick view.
Frames come in a variety of styles, from heart and flower patterns, to effects like lens flares, vignettes, and snow or rain, to traditional photo frames and comic panels. Usually completing requests, earning research titles, and reaching specific research levels in one area will unlock more frames in New Pokémon Snap. This means that players can often unlock most of their cosmetics simply by playing as they normally would. Here’s how to unlock each frame in New Pokémon Snap.
How to unlock frames in new Pokémon Snap
To reach the milestones needed to unlock all the frames in New Pokémon Snap, players will want to advance the story and make sure they are registering Pokémon on Photodex and complying with requests. Only one frame can be applied to a photo at a time, and frames, like other cosmetics, do not add or subtract points from points earned for a photo.
Below, players can find a list of unlockable frames and their specific unlock conditions:
- Comic 7 (square panel): Complete the Pendant Metapod application.
- Design 2 (pink and teal ribbon): Obtain a professional photographer research degree
- Design 4 (yellow and white ribbon): Earn the investigative title of Assistant Detective
- Design 13 (night sky): Complete the Hoothoot Hidden Foot application
- Design 14 (Pink corner flowers): Earn the Practice Makes Perfect research title
- Design 19 (research camera lens): Earn the Beginning Investigator research title
- Lental Region 3 (Jungle): Reach Jungle Research Level (Day) 3
- Lental Region 9 (Underwater): Reach Underwater Research Level 3
- Photo frame 9 (Pokémon): Earn the Research Title Getting Better All the Time
While Nintendo hasn’t received any official news, it’s always possible that more frames will be available in future game updates.
Other game activities and milestones in New Pokémon Snap will allow players to unlock more stickers and filters to decorate each photo in a unique way. They can upload these photos to share with the community, and fans can vote for their favorite photo edits.
New Pokémon Snap is available for Nintendo Switch.
Diablo 4 to “promote the art” of action RPGs, says Activision
About the Author