Once Minecraft players create a beacon, they will have access to numerous status perks to enhance their adventure. Here’s how to make and use one.
Minecraft It has added many features throughout its life and shows no signs of slowing down. From the introduction of new biomes in the Nether to the development of underground cave systems with new items, there is always something new to see around the corner. Aside from defeating the Ender Dragon in the end, one of the long-term goals players can work towards is building their own beacon.
The beacons, when activated, shoot a beam of light into the sky that can be seen from afar. They’re not just fancy decoration either, as players can use them to get temporary power-ups to aid in their many adventures. This is what is needed to create beacons in Minecraftas well as the functions they have that can benefit the players.
What does it take to create a Minecraft beacon?
5 glass blocks
- Of all the elements needed to make the beacon, glass is the easiest. All that is needed to do this is to melt sand in a furnace. Once all 5 are done, place 3 on the top row of the crafting grid and 2 on the left and right side of the middle row.
- The majority Minecraft Obsidian is known to players as the necessary block to create Nether Portals, but it is also used to build beacons. It is formed when lava and water interact with each other and must be placed in the bottom 3 slots of the crafting grid.
1 abyssal star
- The last and rarest material is Nether Star, which is placed in the center of the crafting grid. To obtain this essential item, players must defeat the terrifying boss Wither. Summoned by placing 4 Soulsand in a ‘T’ formation and placing 3 Wither Skeleton Skulls on top of the top 3 blocks. This fearsome opponent can fly and fire ranged attacks, so players must prepare as many arrows as they can and enchant their swords if they want to successfully take them down.
Using a Minecraft beacon
To activate the beacon, players must place it on a pyramid made of iron, gold, diamond, netherite, or emerald blocks. There are four possible sizes a beacon pyramid can reach, each with a layer of different size blocks: 3X3, 5X5, 7X7 and 9X9. Each of these layers should be stacked on top of one another in that order, with 3X3 at the top and 9X9 at the bottom. Of course, the beacon should be placed like the cherry on top in the center of the 3X3 blocks. Also, the 3X3 layer is necessary for the beacon to work. These are three of the potential uses of beacons:
Grant status upgrades
- This is the main function of beacons. If players interact with him by pressing his ‘use’ button, they will open a menu where they can offer him materials, the same materials that were used to build his pyramid, in exchange for a power-up of their choice. These include haste, which improves attack and mining speed, jump momentum, speed, strength, or stamina. Pyramids with all 4 layers will also grant access to health regen as a booster. The more layers a pyramid has, the longer the ignition duration and the greater the area of effect of the beacon.
A source of light
- The pillar of light that the beacon creates illuminates the surrounding area and can serve as a source of light. Additionally, it can be seen from a great distance, so players can use it as a landmark to help find their way back home, or where they choose to place the beacon.
Next: Minecraft Creeper Farm Built Inside A Giant Hot Air Balloon
Minecraft is available for Nintendo Switch, PlayStation 3, PlayStation 4, PlayStation 5, Xbox 360, Xbox One, Xbox Series X / S, Android, iOS, Linux, macOS, and PC.
The Sims 4 Cottage Living Preview: Make yourself comfortable in the countryside
About the Author