Robert Kirkman and Jason Howard are reuniting for a new sci-fi series titled CODE, with the comic making its first appearance in Skybound X # 5.
Robert Kirkman (The Walking Dead, Invincible) and Jason Howard (Big girls) are gathering to CODE, a new sci-fi series that fans will be able to see for the first time on Skybound X # 5 August.
CBR has an exclusive look at a character sheet for CODE, which stands for Combat Orb Defense Engines. The artwork features character designs for colorful classes such as Tanker (Gork and Nakk), Speaker (Soluss and Thalen), Slasher (Silva), Battler (Zorr), and Striker (Darak).
“Jason Howard and I have been talking for a long time about making our next project the biggest, wildest thing we’ve ever done, and this is how CODE was born, “said Robert Kirkman.” This is the beginning of something truly ambitious that combines all the genres we love into one great super-powerful epic. There is no better way to end this celebration of the first ten years of Skybound than to bring you something completely new for the first time. “
“It was wonderful meeting Robert on a new project, we shared a lot of comic book DNA and CODE it is the offspring of that DNA that has done nothing but pump iron and become incredible in an attempt to be worthy of your love, “said Jason Howard.” Creating new characters is where my heart is and I hope CODE will have characters as memorable for future fans as those created in Skybound’s past. “
The extra-size Skybound X Issue # 5 also features the final chapter of “Rick Grimes 2000,” along with new stories from the worlds of Kyle Starks and Chris Schweizer’s Trigger Keaton’s The Six Buddies. Gasoline by Sean Mackiewicz and Niko Walter.
Skybound X # 5
- Written by Robert Kirkman, Kyle Starks and Sean Mackiewicz
- Art by Ryan Ottley, Chris Schweizer and Niko Walter
- Skybound X # 5 Cover A by David Finch (diamond code MAY210052)
- Skybound X # 5 Cover B by Chris Schweizer (diamond code MAY210053)
- Skybound X # 5 Cover C by Jason Howard (diamond code MAY210054)
- Skybound X # 5 Cover D 1:10 Incentive Cover by Chris Schweizer (diamond code APR219079)
- Skybound X # 5 Cover E 1:10 Incentive Cover by Jason Howard (diamond code APR219080)
- Skybound X # 5 Cover F 1:25 Incentive Cover by David Finch (diamond code APR219081)
- CODE tells the story of mankind in the distant future surviving a technological hell through the help of a device known as Combat Orb Defense Engines. Seven orb-bearers hailing from six different warring factions have put aside their differences to unite and carry out a mission that may be humanity’s last hope to thwart a technological threat that has almost completely taken over the Earth. .
Skybound X # 5 goes on sale August 4 from Image Comics / Skybound Entertainment.
READ ON: LEGO and Skybound Announce Comic Book Partnership
Drawn line: new versions of Captain America for the 4th of July
About the Author