If there has ever been a reason to join Twitter, then it has to be the ongoing online “feud” between Hollywood stars. Hugh jackman Y Ryan reynolds. Over the years, the pair have complimented each other on each other’s movies, played pranks, armed the beverage companies they own to sly taunt, and often just insulted each other for no apparent reason. It’s actually been such a long-term thing, that many of you who were late to the party probably don’t even know how the pair came to constantly exchange beats in a keyboard sense in the first place. Well, on a recent podcast, Reynolds was able to enlighten those who really want to know what the source of the round trip is.
While many people are used to Reynolds treating anything to do with Jackman as an opportunity to Best showman star, but in the Smart podcast with Jason Bateman, Sean Hayes, and Will Arnett, Reynolds actually decided to answer a question about their hilarious fight with a genuine answer. It seems like it all comes down to Reynolds being a bit jealous of how nice Jackman is. Yes really.
The conversation went a bit like this:
- BATEMAN: What happened, who pissed off someone?
- REYNOLDS: You know Hugh Jackman is … I really shouldn’t say this, but he … makes kindness look like murder. I mean he really is the nicest guy you’ve ever met. And sometimes it drives me crazy.
- BATEMAN: However …
- REYNOLDS: No, there is no but, unfortunately. It really is the real deal.
- BATEMAN: You are questioning the sincerity of his kindness.
- REYNOLDS: No, it’s just infuriating because I want to …
- ARNETT: Because it’s so real.
- BATEMAN: I have it.
- REYNOLDS: No, I want to have the sense of well-being that Hugh Jackman possesses.
- BATEMAN: And it becomes anger for you.
- REYNOLDS: I want to understand that to some degree, so sometimes we hate and attack the things that we can’t understand.
- BATEMAN: Mm.
- REYNOLDS: So I tend to hate and lash out at Hugh, and he responds, of course, because he’s just a jock. And that’s it. But actually, it’s like my life sherpa. He’s one of the best guys I know.
So in the end, it’s about the simple fact that Jackman is too nice for Reynolds not to want to give him a pop when he can, and Hugh Jackman is willing to do his best because he knows he will. Happy Ryan Reynolds. While it is well known that the couple are actually very good friends, and despite taking every opportunity to give each other hell, there are plenty of times that they have actually been seen to give each other a boost when they need it. I think that particularly in these current times, we all need a friend who is more than happy to take you down most of the time, but who will always be there for you when you need him. Let your differences be expressed in public for a long time.