Disney has released a full-length official trailer for Peter Jackson’s new Beatles documentary called The Beatles: Get Back.
It was originally supposed to be released as a full-length movie to be screened exclusively in theaters last year, but with delays, it skips theaters entirely to be released exclusively in digital form. And it will be divided into 3 episodes as a “documentary series” instead of a movie.
For Jackson’s latest work (following They will not grow old) the Oscar-winning filmmaker has been at work for years, restoring hours and hours of old footage. The film features studio footage that was shot in early 1969 for the 1970 film. Let it be.
Return will transport fans back to the band’s pivotal recording sessions in January 1969. It will document the creative process and relationship between The Beatles as they attempted to record 14 new songs in preparation for their first live concert in more than two years.
The series is compiled from nearly 60 hours of unseen footage shot over 21 days, directed by Michael Lindsay-Hogg in 1969, and from more than 150 hours of unheard audio, most of which has been locked in a vault. for more than half a century.
Jackson is the only person in 50 years who has been given access to this Beatles treasure, which has now been brilliantly restored.
Here’s the trailer:
Disney’s blurb says:
“Acclaimed Filmmaker Peter Jackson The Beatles: Get Back is a unique cinematic experience that takes audiences back in time to intimate recording sessions of The Beatles at a pivotal moment in music history. The film showcases the warmth, camaraderie and creative genius that defined the legacy of the iconic quartet. Filmed in January 1969 and compiled from over 60 hours of unseen footage (shot by Michael Lindsay-Hogg) and over 150 hours of unheard audio, all of which has been brilliantly restored. The Beatles: Get Back is the story of John Lennon, Paul McCartney, George Harrison and Ringo Starr as they plan their first live show in over two years and chart the writing and rehearsal of 14 new songs, originally intended for release on a live album that accompanies “.
The docuserie features the latest live performance of The Beatles as a group for the first time in its entirety. The rooftop concert took place on London’s Savile Row.
Earlier this week, Ringo Starr opened up about a strange reunion offer made to The Beatles in 1973, which they turned down.
In a New Yorker profile on Paul McCartney today (October 11), it was revealed that McCartney had flown to Los Angeles to visit John Lennon that year, after his breakup with Yoko Ono.
Starr is featured on the profile speaking that the band turned down “a fortune” to reunite for a concert, which featured an opening act of a man fighting a shark. Ringo said:
“We called each other and we said no”
“Now we were going our own way.”
The Beatles: Get Back It will premiere on Disney + on November 25, 26 and 27.