- The 25 best (and worst) adaptations of video games to the cinema
- 10 series projects based on video games
2K and Supermassive Games have announced that ‘The Quarry, a new narrative teen horror game from Supermassive Games and the award-winning team behind Until Dawn, is out now on PlayStation 5, PlayStation 4, Xbox Series X| S, Xbox One and Windows PC via Steam.
‘The Quarry’ follows a group of nine teenage monitors stranded in Hackett’s Quarry on the last day of summer camp. Players play each of the camp’s nine monitors in a heart-pounding cinematic tale. Each decision will decide your story among a web of possibilities. Any of the characters can be the hero, or the corpse, before a new day arrives.
“It’s been almost seven years since we released our last teen horror game, and we’ve challenged ourselves to advance interactive storytelling and make the most of technological advances with The Quarry.“said Will Byles, director of Supermassive Games. “The Quarry offers you the opportunity to see what decisions you would make when faced with the unthinkable and unimaginable. I can’t wait to see what stories you create!“.
2K president David Ismailer stated that “The team at Supermassive Games has once again raised the bar for the interactive narrative genre. With an incredible cast and an exciting story, it’s been fantastic to partner with them to bring fans what is sure to be one of the most engrossing teen horror games of the summer.“.
In addition to the launch, a free trial version of the game is now available on all platforms. The trial version features The Quarry Prologue, which sets the stage for the harrowing events that follow in the game and gives players a taste of what awaits them in the full game.
These are the main features of The Quarry:
- Your story, their destinations. Will you dare to check what’s behind that trapdoor? Will you investigate the screams coming from the forest? Will you save your friends or will you save yourself? Each decision will decide your story and determine who lives to tell the tale.
- An amazing movie experience. Cutting-edge facial motion capture technology and the best lighting techniques for the big screen, combined with sensational performances from an iconic cast straight out of Hollywood, have brought the most terrifying horrors of Hackett’s Quarry to life in a do-or-die adventure. emotionally charged.
- Have fun with your friends. Empower 7 of your friends in an online match where invited players will watch and vote on key decisions, shaping the story of the entire group. Or play together in a cooperative experience where each player will choose their own monitor and make their own decisions.
- Personalize your experience. The adjustments in the difficulty of the elements of the game will allow both the most expert players and the most novices to enjoy a night of terror. But if you’d rather watch than play, Movie Mode will let you enjoy The Quarry for the thriller it is.
The game is available in two offers: The Quarry: Standard Edition, available physically and digitally for PlayStation 4, Xbox One and digitally on Windows PC via Steam. Includes the full game. For PlayStation 5 and Xbox Series X|S, The Quarry is available physically and digitally and will be optimized for next-gen consoles. Y The Quarry: Deluxe Edition, digitally only for PlayStation 4, Xbox One and Windows PC via Steam, and digitally only for PlayStation 5 and Xbox Series X|S. Includes the full game and the following options: Gorefest Option in Movie Mode, Instant Access to the Death Rewind System, and Horror Story Visual Filter Pack and 80’s Style Sets for Characters.
The original voice cast features stars such as David Arquette, Ariel Winter, justice smith, Brenda Song, lance henryksen, lin shay, ted raimi among others.
The game is developed by Supermassive Games, The Quarry It has a PEGI +18 rating.
This content is created and maintained by a third party, and imported onto this page to help users provide their email addresses. You may be able to find more information about this and similar content at piano.io