Marvel Studios returned in style to San Diego Comic-Con. When rumors seemed to indicate that the Marvel Cinematic Universe panel would have the trailers for ‘Black Panther: Wakanda Forever’ and ‘Black Panther: Wakanda Forever’ as big news, Kevin Feige said “hold my shawarma” and revealed all the plans of the franchise until Phase 6, and made it official that the new macro-story that encompasses Phases 4 to 6 is titled ‘The Saga of the Multiverse’.
This was one of the names that were leaked hours before the panel through a European intellectual property registry, all of which turned out to be royal titles. But let’s go by parts, many things were said in Hall H. The first thing is that we already know that Phase 4 will conclude on November 11 this year with ‘Black Panther: Wakanda Forever’which unveiled an impressive trailer in which we could see a Wakanda in mourning and at war against Atlantis and Namor (Tenoch Huerta).
Phase 5 will begin on February 17 with ‘Ant-Man and the Wasp: Quantumania’, making the characters of Paul Rudd and Evangeline Lilly the hinges between phases. They will be in charge of presenting Kang, the character of Jonathan Majors who continues to earn points to become the Thanos of the Multiverse Saga. Within this Phase they also confirmed the series that will see the return of Charlie Cox as Matt Murdock, ‘Daredevil: Born Again’, a title change for the spin-off of ‘Scarlet Witch and Vision’, ‘Agatha: House of Harkness’ , which will now be titled ‘Agatha: Coven of Chaos’, and which the Phase will close with ‘Captain America: New World Order’, the first film of Sam Wilson (Agatha: House of Harkness) as the new Cap, and with Marvel’s “Suicide Squad”: ‘Thunderbolts’. These are the release dates:
– February 17, 2023: ‘Ant-Man and the Wasp: Quantumania’ (film)
– Spring 2023: ‘Secret Invasion’ (series)
– May 5, 2023: ‘Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 3’ (film)
– Summer 2023: ‘Echo’ (series)
– July 28, 2023: ‘The Marvels’ (film)
– Summer 2023: ‘Loki’ S2 (series)
– November 3, 2023: ‘Blade’ (film)
– Autumn 2023: ‘Ironheart’ (series)
– Winter 2023/2024: ‘Agatha: Coven of Chaos’ (series)
– Spring 2024: ‘Daredevil: Born Again’ (series)
– May 3, 2024: ‘Captain America: New World Order’ (film)
– July 26, 2024: ‘Thunderbolts’ (film)
Two ‘Avengers’ movies for Phase 6
Phase 6 will begin that same summer with ‘Fantastic 4’, which is still without a director. In this phase we still have some dates without titles, but two dates were revealed that are already marked by fire in the calendars of all Marvelites: the next two installments of the Avengers. The first will be ‘Avengers: The Kang Dynasty’, which will be released on May 2, 2025, and will close Phase 6, and the Multiverse Saga, ‘Avengers: Secret Wars’ on November 7, 2025. Feige limited himself to name the films but did not want to offer details about them because they are still a long way off. But they would come to confirm that, indeed, Kang is the very bad guy in this saga and that we can expect a gigantic confrontation between superheroes by the end of this stage. This is the schedule for Phase 6:
– November 8, 2024: ‘The Fantastic Four’ (film)
– February 14, 2025: Untitled movie
– May 2, 2025: ‘Avengers: The Kang Dynasty’ (film)
– July 25, 2025: Untitled movie
– November 7, 2025: ‘Avengers: Secret Wars’
Phase 7, which will begin a new Saga within the Marvel Cinematic Universe, will kick off with its first film on February 13, 2026. That year Marvel would also have reserved dates on May 1, July 24 and November 6. Don’t let the rhythm stop.