Latest Free YouTube Video:
This Week’s Wrestling Observer Newsletter:
- Match and performer of the week
- WWE business in detail, explanations and comments from Nick Khan, Paul Levesque and Stephanie McMahon
- Where WWE revenue increased
- WWE numbers after the first nine months of the year
- WWE current value
- Lots of talk on the Bray Wyatt angle and how it performed
- Levesque talks the Wyatt angle
- Levesque talks future booking
- Notes on how the major events performed
- New TV shows WWE is producing
- Nick Khan talks sports rights
- Vince McMahon investigation notes
- How Raw and Smackdown are dong compared to the rest of television
- Why the USA Network needs Raw or it will become an also-ran station
- Khan talks future of television
- WWE attendance
- Nick Khan’s contract
- Jeff Jarrett, Colt Cabana, Katsuyori Shibata and Mike Tyson in AEW
- Jarrett’s planned role
- Why Cabana was brought back
- The back story on Shibata
- WWE Crown Jewel note
- The first pro wrestling show at the new Ariake Arena
- Shinsuke Nakamura vs. Great Muta and how it was set up
- New Japan’s Rumble on 44th Street coverage
- UFC coverage weekend
- The most detailed look at TV numbers over the past week
- Streaming and international TV numbers
- Wrestler gets heat from the family of the originator of his gimmick
- Stardom PPV coverage
- Popular wrestling TV show being revived in 2023
- Viking debuts outside Mexico
- MLW recent hires from ROH
- Dynamite ratings for the year as compared to last year
- AEW stars in England
- Jake Paul vs. Anderson Silva PPV numbers
- WWE PPV updates
- WWE returns
- WWE injury notes
- Story behind recent WWE cuts
- sheamus wedding
- Ticket sales for upcoming shows
This Week’s Retro Observer Newsletter:
Order the print Wrestling Observer right now and get it delivered via mail, by sending your name, address, Visa or Master Card number and an expiration date to [email protected] or by going to www.paypal.com directing funds to [email protected].
Rates in the United States are $14.50 for 4 issues, $35.50 for 12, $70 for 24, $116 for 40 and $149.50 for 52.
In Canada and Mexico, the rates are $16 for 4, $27 for 8, $38.50 for 12, $76 for 24, $126 for 40 and $162.50 for 52.
For the rest of the world, rates are $18 for 4, $48.50 for 12, $93 for 24, $155 for 40 and $201.50 for 52.
If you order by mail with a check, cash or money order to PO Box 1228, Campbell, CA 95009-1228, you can get $1 off in every price range.
Friday News Update
Garrett Gonzales and I will be doing our weekly news podcast tonight and subscribers to the live show can ask questions during the show as well. Bryan and I will be doing our weekend show tomorrow night covering both Crown Jewel and the New Japan show as well as the television shows.
No WWE events this weekend except for Crown Jewel which is at Noon Eastern tomorrow from Riyadh, Saudi Arabia:
- Roman Reigns vs. Logan Paul for WWE Universal title
- Brock Lesnar vs. bobby lashley
- Bianca Belair vs. Bayley for Raw women’s title in last person standing match
- Finn Balor & Dominik Mysterio & Damian Priest vs. AJ Styles & Karl Anderson & Luke Gallows
- Drew McIntyre vs. Karrion Kross in a cage match
- Braun Strowman vs. omos
- uses vs. Ridge Holland & Butch for tag titles
- Alexa Bliss & Asuka vs. Iyo Sky & Dakota Kai for women’s tag titles
There was a press conference today for the event where they praised the Kingdom and MBS, thanked the King and the royalty and said this is like being at Wrestlemania. MVP did not make the trip which is why they did the angle that will air tonight on Smackdown. Sami Zayn also didn’t make the trip and I believe Kevin Owens didn’t either. They did a weigh-in for Omos vs. Strowman with Omos at 416.5 pounds and Strowman at 335.0 pounds. Logan Paul came out riding a camel. Jake Paul was with him. When the Bloodline came out, fans did chant “We Want Sami.”
For the weekend we will be doing polls on tomorrow morning’s NJPW show from Osaka and WWE Crown Jewel. You can leave a thumbs up, thumbs down or thumbs in the middle along with a best and worst match to [email protected]
New Japan has a major show at 4 am Eastern time tonight/tomorrow morning from the Edion Arena in Osaka:
- Francesco Akira & TJP vs. Bushi & Titan for IWGP jr. tag titles
- Hiroshi Tanahashi & Toru Yano & David Finlay & Alex Zayne vs. Aussie Open & Aaron Henare & Gideon Gray
- Hikuleo vs. Yūjiro Takahashi
- Ren Narita vs. Sanada in TV title tournament semifinal
- Zack Saber Jr. vs. Evil in TV title tournament semifinal
- Master Wato, Taiji Ishimori, Desperado and Hiromu Takahashi in a tag match where partners are drawn at ringside
- Kazuchika Okada & Tama Tonga vs. Jay White & Kenta
- FTR vs Jeff Cobb & Great O’Khan for IWGP tag titles
- Will Ospreay vs. Tetsuya Naito for US title
Smackdown was taped last Friday in St. Louis and airs tonight:
- Natalya vs. Shayna Baszler
- Braun Strowman vs. 5 guys
- Ricochet vs. L.A. Knight
- Liv Morgan vs Sonya Deville no DQ
- Gunther vs Rey Mysterio for the IC title
Rampage at 10 pm on TNT from Atlantic City, NJ, features the unthinkable as Mike Tyson will comment on a Katsuyori Shibata match. Tickets have picked up and there were nearly 2,700 tickets out as of this morning, which isn’t bad when you consider how few tickets were originally sold when they were put on sale.
The only matches announced are Orange Cassidy vs. Shibata for the All Atlantic title and Britt Baker & Jamie Hayter vs. Madison Rayne & Skye Blue. This is Shibata’s second actual pro wrestling match since his nearly life ending injuries in 2017.
Young Rock starts season No. 3 tonight at 8:30 pm on NBC. There is a lot of wrestling history showing the first WrestleMania, with Becky Lynch playing Cyndi Lauper, plus more from 1997 and the Attitude Era.
Chris Jericho talked with myself and Fumi Saito of this site about Antonio Inoki for Talk is Jericho today
More footage has emerged from the skirmish involving Jake Paul’s team and Nate Diaz’s team from last Saturday in Phoenix before Paul vs. Anderson Silva. One of the members of Paul’s team had a plastic cup of beer thrown hard at his face.
Regarding the Matt Hardy statement regarding The Young Bucks and CM Punk, he very clearly talked about watching the situation for months which would mean all the things as they were happening, and did not mean the fight itself which he didn’t see, even though that was misconstructed.
Tony Khan talked to Sports Illustrated and said that NOAH did ask for AEW’s approval before making the deal with WWE for Shinsuke Nakamura to appear and he said he gave approval. He was asked about the situation with the Young Bucks, Kenny Omega and CM Punk and he would not answer, as you knew he would not. He gave a kayfabe answer when asked about Colt Cabana being there saying Jericho aid he would defend against a former champion from ROH and Cabana is a former champion.
UFC at 4 p.m. Eastern on ESPN+:
- Tamires Vidal (134) vs. Ramona Pascual (137) – Pascual missed weight by one pound
- Carlos Candelario (128.5) vs. Jake Hadley (126) – Candelario missed weight by 2.5 pounds
- Liudvik Sholinian (135.5) vs. Johnny Munoz (135.5)
- Polyana Viana (115;5) vs. Jinh Yu Frey (115.5)
- Mario Bautista (135.5) vs. Benito Lopez (138.5) – Lopez missed weight by 2.5 pounds
- Miranda Maverick (125.5) vs. Shanna Young (127) – Young missed weight by one pound
- Darrick Minner (145) vs.; Shaylian Nuerdanbieke (145.5)
- Grant Dawson (157.5) vs. Mark O. Madsen (155) – Dawson missed weight by 1.5 pounds
- Tagir Ulanbekov (124.5) vs. Nate Maness (125.5)
- Chase Sherman (255.5) vs. Josh Parisian (265.5)
- Neil Magny (170-.5)vs. Daniel Rodriguez (170)
- Marina Rodriguez (115.5) vs. Amanda Lemos (114.5)
Sasha Banks teased that something big was going to happen regarding her some time this month.
Crown Jewel odds from BetOnline:
Logan Paul +1000
Bianca Belair -160
Butch & Ridge Holland +900
Asuka & Alexa Bliss -200
Iyo Sky & Dakota Kai +150
Brock Lesnar -450
Bobby Lashley +275
Drew McIntyre -140
Karrion Kross +100
Judgment Day +250
Tomorrow is WWE Night for the Wilkes-Barre Penguins with Johnny Gargano as a guest when the Penguins face the Hershey Bears.
MJF is a -300 favorite over Jon Moxley at Full Gear in BetOnline odds.
Enzo Amore (now known as Real1) just did an interview with WXRW 104.1 in Milwaukee, WI. He talked about having some big surprises coming up in terms of where he’s wrestling next, and he talked a ton about his crazy lifestyle while on the road for WWE.
LFA on UFC Fight Pass at 9 pm tonight from Cajamar, Sao Paulo, Brazil:
- Luana Santos (125) vs. Walkeska Sousa (126)
- Felipe Dos Santos vs. Hugo Paiva (125.2)
- Carlos Prates (170) vs. Moacir Rocha (174.6) – Rocha missed weight by 3.6 pounds and pays a penalty to Pirates
- Jean Matsumoto (135.2) vs. Inaidlo Santos (135.4)
- Felipe Douglas (155.6) vs. Rangel Da Sa (154.8)
- Marcio Barbosa (147) vs. Gabriel Santos (145.8) – Barbosa missed weight by one pound and has to pay a penalty to Santos.
Combate Global tonight on Paramount + at 11 pm Eastern from Miami, FL, is headlined by Andra Meneses (4-0) vs. Daniela Hernandez (3-0) at atomweight. At lightweight, Jose Ferreria (9-0) faces Genier Penagos (7-2).
If you’re wondering about when CM Punk will be back, he will be announcing for CFFC on UFC Fight Pass on 12/16 at the Etess Arena at the Hard Rock Hotel & Casino in Atlantic City,NJ. Eddy Torres (4-0) vs. Tyler Mathison (3-2) will headline.
The Cage Fury promotion also will be pushing a Veterans Day collegiate wrestling show at Pope Army Field in Fort Bragg with Campbell vs. Michigan at 5 p.m. Eastern and then Campbell vs. North Carolina at 7:30 p.m.
MCW tomorrow night at the RJ Meyer ARea in Joppatowne, MD with Moses vs. Sam Adonis for the TV title, Action Andretti vs. Mike Bailey for the MCW title plus Mandy Leon, Lio Rush, Jordan Oliver, Ace Austin, Joe Keys and Dante Caballero.
Raven appears tomorrow from 10 am to 1 pm at The Wrestling Collector on 2772 State Route 23 in Stockholm, NJ.
West Coast Pro announced the first round of the 11/19 King of Indies show in San Francisco as Titus Alexander vs. Dragon Lee, Jacob Fatu vs. The Star, Wind vs. Dralistic and SB Kento vs.; Kevin Blackwood. Naomichi Marufuji, Vinnie Massaro, Misterioso, Katsuhiko Nakajima and JR Kratos are also on the show.
Dan Severn has an MMA seminar tomorrow at 10 am at 7898 Cherry Ave. Suite B in Fontana, CA.