As of January 1, 2023, the price of the Airport Use Fee (TUA) will increase 7% in national and international flights from the International Airport of Mexico City (AICM).
The TUA is a charge made by airports in Mexico to passengers for using its facilities that are paid at the time of buying the ticket to transfer to the terminals that provide their services.
The Official Gazette of the Federation (DOF) indicates that the increase in the TUA for domestic flights it will be from $26.02 dollars to $28.04 dollars.
While international flights will have an increase of $49.41 to $53.24.
- National TUA to passengers who board at any airport, if their final destination is national.
- The international TUA will be applied to passengers who board at any airport, if their final destination is abroad.
- Children up to two years.
- Representatives and diplomatic agents of foreign countries, in case of reciprocity.
- Passengers in transit and in connection in the terms determined by the SICT.
- Aeronautical technical personnel on secondment with a valid license.
In which he revealed the multi-million dollar embezzlement created by airlines by denying the possibility of requesting TUA refunds to passengers who missed or took their flight.
During years, the airlines kept this moneywhich represents a multi-million dollar embezzlement of passengers by the national airline industry.
This 2022, according to an estimate made by this means, will be 7.2 million passengers.
If the estimate is correct, by the end of 2022 airlines will have irregularly withheld approximately 4 thousand 610 million pesosthat is, 12.6 million pesos per day.
This amount is greater -in 171 million pesos- than the annual budget of the Senate.
(With information from Christian Granados)