The Attorney General of the Republic (FGR) will seek to prosecute the migrant who allegedly started the fire at the immigration station in Ciudad Juárez, Chihuahua, which left 39 deaths.
Sara Irene Herrerías Guerra, head of the Special Prosecutor for Human Rights of the FGRsaid Wednesday at a press conference from the National Palace that, although the name of the person is not known, witnesses have described his physiognomy.
“The migrant person is located. As he told you, it is based on statements from other migrants who were at the scene of the events, ”explained Herrerías.
The prosecutor also stated that said person has been located, and therefore could be included in new arrest warrants that they turn in relation to the case.
During the conference, the Secretary of Security and Citizen Protection, Rosa Icela Rodríguez, reported that another migrant person who was inside the room and did damage to the nearby camera.
Rodríguez, reported that so far eight people probably responsible for the tragedy.
He explained that they are two federal agents, a migration agent and five elements of the private security companywho are already rendering their statements.
“We carry out a serious and professional investigation to get to the truth of the case, so that there is no impunity. The facts will not be hidden nor will anyone be protected and the violation of human rights will be punished”.
The Secretary of Security also pointed out that the Migration’s national institute will be in charge of repatriating the bodies of migrants who died in the fire.
“The INM will be in charge of the return of the bodies of the migrants, as well as the mobility of the relatives so that they can move with the bodies of the dead”.
He said that there are 27 migrants hospitalized, of which 14 are being treated at the IMSS; 11 at the General Hospital of Chihuahua; and 2 in an ISSSTE hospital.